- Executive compensation is still a critical topic for investors and may be even more so than it was in 2011
- Director independence and separation of chairman and CEO role are vital; investors are also focused on director qualifications and access to the Chairman
- The trend toward greater shareholder involvement in corporate affairs continues
- Proxy access is back
- Other emerging issues in corporate governance have reasonably strong support
- Ability to call a special meeting
- Political contributions
- Act by written consent
- Decision-making on proxy matters is mostly independent and fairly balanced between PMs and Legal/Compliance
Of course, none of these issues is new but they continue to be top of mind.
— Steve Odland
Published with permission of FTI Consulting.